''If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite'' - William Blake

Monday, March 28, 2005

miss, you wants pink corour?

There I was walking around the complex looking for a locker to put my bag when I realised there wasn't one. Everyone seemed to just dump their belongings around the place anyways so I figured it'd be safe for me to do so too.

So I said to myself, "Oh for fucks sakes Yoke, it's not like you've anything really valuable inside. Nobody wants your shit lah! Besides, have some faith in humanity. Not everyone's evil and out there to get you!"

well...THAT'S THE LAST FUCKING TIME I PLACE MY FAITH IN HUMANITY!

*mumble-mumble*

My phone was fucking stolen from my bag.

When I went to retrieve it 1.5 hours later...it was gone...GONE!!! All that remained of my beloved Samsung was the little green pouch with which I use to keep the phone in. The theif, however, left my wallet (which had only RM20 in it anyways) and my MP3 player intact. Strange. Well, not really, because they were somehow positioned underneath my underwear and I don't think anyone would want to touch those.

Amazingly, I wasn't angry nor worried nor upset. I just went like, "Oh well, phone's gone. It's not the first time. Will go to Sungai Wang later to get a another one and fix myself a new line."

So off I went after lunch to KLCC to see if I can terminate my line at the Maxis Centre there (because at that time, I wasn't aware that there's also a Maxis Centre at BB Plaza). Well, what do you know! It was CLOSED. The only people there were three old and withered security guards sitting at the reception desk eating kacang putih. I mean, how can a Maxis Centre located right smack in one of the busiest parts of town be closed on a day when the public is most likely to come in to settle their problems?

Oh well, so I headed off to Sungai Wang to get my phone. I was thinking of getting myself one of those fancy Nokias with built-in cameras and shit when I decided that perhaps it would be wiser to acquire something that won't make my heart bleed should someone steal it. I already have a digicam anyways. And at the rate I'm going, my phone should be stolen once every year...not long after the warranty expires. I walked up to one of the more respectable looking booths and here's what transpired:

phone dude: hallo miss! lei siong want teet mut yeh tin wah? (hello miss! what sort of phone are you looking for?)
me: er...peng yau leng ko zhong. (er...the cheap and nice ones.)
phone dude: meh budget? (what budget?)
me: RM200 - RM300
phone dude: *takes out a motorola stamped brick decorated with silver buttons* li ko ngam mou? (how about this one?)
me: tai lou, lei em mai ma? kum wat tat ke tin wah lei tou hor yi kai siu pei ngo yong! (brother, what the hell? how could you recommend such an ugly phone to me!)
phone dude: *laughs* li kor leh? (what about this one?) *takes out a little Panasonic phone*
me: li kor hou teet. kia chin ah? (this one's better. how much?)
phone dude: RM285
me: ok lah. zhau you li zhek. (ok lah. i'll take this one.)
phone dude: miss, zhong yau kei ta "corour". (miss, there're other colours.)
me: meh "corour"? (what colours?...NOTE: I don't know why I said "corour" along with him.)
phone dude: yau pink "corour"! (there's pink colour) *proceeds to shove little pink Panasonic phone at my face* you mou? you mou? (want ah? want ah?) *shoves little pink Panasonic phone closer and closer towards my face with every "you mou?"*
me: er...em you tak mou? (er...don't want can ah?)
phone dude: *looks at me with those forlorn eyes ala Alex Man in one of his soppy Canto-drama series roles* ok loh. (ok loh.)


And that's how I ended up with a Panasonic phone so tiny I swear if my fingers were any fatter I won't be able to use the keypad. Oh well, I started to love the cute little bugger after 12 hours of owning it. It's not sms friendly, which is a major setback for me but what the hell, it's cute. Slightly Ah Lian, but cute. At least it doesn't flash any jinjang lights when there are incoming calls like my Samsung.





1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your panties what corour???
LOL!!! :D
That is really a good read there. Nice, will check back for more! :D

5:27 pm, March 29, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home