''If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite'' - William Blake

Friday, October 28, 2005

Panic Attack

This is what happens when you sleep an average of 30 minutes a day for a whole week and there's work to be done and the client keeps hounding your ass because his clients keep hounding his ass and there's a deadline to meet and the herculean task of completing something, meant to be done in a span of a month, into five freaking days.

And so for the first time in my entire life, I had a nervous breakdown.

It's not funny and I'm serious.

I was utterly delirious not to mention out of my mind. Was pacing up and down the flat in anxiety. Ended up calling Jen and she did a good job trying to calm me down, "All right, breathe Yoke, breathe. Don't panic! There's no cause to panic! It's not a life and death situation. OK, now open and close your hands repeatedly, it'll help."

God knows what I babbled to my client either to explain why I can't produce any work today.

I hate having to do rush jobs like these. It' not so much the pressure or the pain but rather knowing that with all the effort I put in as well as the sleep and sanity I lose over it, I could've done a much, much better job, if only time was part of the equation.

But in this industry, Time is but a fictitious element. And I'm slow. So I don't think I'll ever fit in.

I saw an opening in Starbucks...am actually, in all due seriousness, considering working there. Could be fun...except I don't like coffee.

I don't even know why I'm blogging about this.

4 Comments:

Blogger Kit said...

starbucks barristas wear nice aprons.

7:49 am, November 01, 2005

 
Blogger kong yoke said...

yeah, and that's ALL i'll be wearing if i'm gonna work there.

coffee, tea, or me?

1:25 pm, November 01, 2005

 
Blogger Kit said...

arloe kon yokes.

me druk. me likes u. so me payu rm10.50 for u.

can u inslude the cheesecajke foir special?

tank you. me dont get it. should i sleep with someone me dun likesx or should me slkeeps alomne?

sleeps alone sucks balls.

3:36 pm, November 01, 2005

 
Blogger lisha said...

yokie-chin ... why dont you try word-verification-ing your comments?

6:00 pm, November 21, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home