''If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite'' - William Blake

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The Pharaoh

Good news, sire! The walls have crumbled and the enemy has surrendered! We can now rest our backs and indulge in the spoils!


Rest? Why, I've barely exerted myself! I'm afraid there will be no rest. We must push on while the army is still restless and hungry. There are still more territories to conquer and claim. Cities to create and construct. Temples to build and rebuild. We cannot allow this simple victory to get to our heads.

This, my friend, is only the beginning of my empire.


Very well, sire. I will inform the generals of your decision. But just a word of caution, the coming battles will not be easy. Our coffers and granaries, though rich and plentiful now, may be exhausted with no hope of rejuvenation if things do not conclude as planned. There will most certainly be resistance and many will rise to stop you and your endeavours.


Then may Osiris have mercy on their souls.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home