''If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite'' - William Blake

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

THE LEXICON OF FOOLS: 5 Tragic Stories of Love & Misery

CHAPTER I

The Butterfly’s Wisdom

Once upon a distant time
A woman said to a man,
I love you, I love you,
I will hold your hand.

Once upon another time
A woman said to a woman,
I love you, I love you,
Am I possessed by a demon?

Once upon a different time
A woman said to a lover,
I love you, I love you,
I will hurt you like no other.

Once upon an inconsequent time
A woman said to a friend,
I love you, you love me,
But my heart you cannot mend.

Once upon a fading time
A woman said to a dying god,
You love me, you love me,
But your love I cannot afford.

Once upon a present time
A woman said to a child,
I shan’t love, I shan’t love,
Is that why you don’t smile?

Once upon a future time
A woman said to a ghost,
The one who cuts deepest
Was the one I loved the most.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sniffle*
*snort*
*choke*
*cry*
*sob*
*WAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL*

5:52 pm, December 01, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home