''If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite'' - William Blake

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

THE LEXICON OF FOOLS: 5 Tragic Stories of Love & Misery

CHAPTER II

The Cat's Soliloquy


FIRST ACT

SCENEA trendy oasis at the heart of the city, lights dim. [A woman is seated on a stool at the counter of the bar]

WOMAN: I can give you everything except the one thing you want most. In the name of Love, you will deny its importance at first, but it will soon frustrate you as it will upset me. It is only a matter of time before you tire from the ordeal.

Don’t flatter me, boy. The unfortunate truth is there really isn’t anything more than that. I’m nothing exceptional and neither am I a woman of substance. [Snickers]One can’t even say of me, “she’s no different from other women except for her competence in my private chambers!”

Don’t flatter yourself, boy. There is no difference and you will not make a difference. Many have tried and all have failed. When you realize your efforts are futile you will turn your back on me and leave…just like everybody else.

It is only merciful if you save me the heartbreak, and yourself, the trouble and we’ll skip right to the part where we should be good friends. [Downs her drink and leaves]

ACT – DROP.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest ms Sassy Queen,

I miss you so terribly. I am sorry I wasn't there for you when you need me. Why the hell would you need me when you have all these hunky chunky French, Malaysian, Aussie, Brasilen Men... etc?

Audit: You've just been fooled by a very close friend who is NOT Lesbian. Do you know who I am?

Missing and loving you Yokey from far away, where I learn to down Weiss Beers and eat Frankfurter Wuerst ;-) *MWAH*

5:59 pm, January 20, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Besides, bitch you haven't been writing to me. Why aren't you participating in the girls' group mails? Here's to link you to my CRAP for people who likes reading CRAPS. AHHAHAHAHAH!! :P

6:03 pm, January 20, 2006

 
Blogger kong yoke said...

babi...i seldom come online and when i do it's mostly to mail clients or do some research.

i'll sms you lah okies?

hugs!

4:04 pm, January 23, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now i get it! you didn't mention this before. btw, happy chinese new year!!!!! urs, j-ho

1:43 am, February 02, 2006

 
Blogger lisha said...

yokey-chin.. where the hell are u lah, woman? miss ur post. heard u had an interview kat singapore? how did it go?

11:53 am, February 15, 2006

 
Blogger kong yoke said...

how the hell did you know i had an interview at singapore?

it went ok lah...just cross my fingers now and see what happens :)

i'm in kl lah babe. what happened to our plans to meet up with Miss Pantat Gersang and gossip ah?

1:54 pm, February 15, 2006

 
Blogger lisha said...

i got to know about it from Minah Tetek Besar / Su.

tulah kan what happend to the 'plan'. Farah & Nash oso dah ada new jobs. i got an offer to go back to recruitment. my wish came true... but im in a conundrum plak. to accept or not to accept?

nway, right now cant really say can meet lah coz got a few pitches to work on. maybe once i've figured out what to do with my life, then we'll go yamcha lah. farah oso problem lah. she's always working late lately..

6:25 pm, February 17, 2006

 
Blogger lisha said...

why do i say "lah" too much?

6:27 pm, February 17, 2006

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

did ur blog die off?
or the blogger assed off?

anyway it was sooooooooo sweeeeettttt of u to call me yesterday!!!!!!! so sweet so sweet!!!! didn't expect such a long distance call from u on a normal day. love u yokey! and yes i miss u heaps too.... MUAKS!

j-ho/frankfurt

5:57 am, February 22, 2006

 

Post a Comment

<< Home