''If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, infinite'' - William Blake

Saturday, April 09, 2005

So, Tell Me About Your Childhood

Before there was alcohol...before there was nicotine...at an era where tripping and throwing up beer along with yesterday's dinner was unheard of...there was a time when I was innocent and entertainment had no direct relations with my (pathetic) bank account. These were the years when I thought Michael Jackson was cool and Moonwalking was the way to travel from point A to point B. These were the years where I sought amusement through imagination and madness. These were the years where...

I would take a clothes hanger, clasp it between my palms and spin it above my head;
I was a helicopter.

I would take a small ruler, shout "Thunder, thunder, thundercats", throw the little ruler away and quickly replace it with a longer ruler (which I have ready in my right hand), point it in the air and shout, "HOOOO!"
I was Lion-O, Lord Of The Thundercats.
NOTE: Nowadays, if I shout "HOOOO!", I'm probably addressing you.

I would take a blank excercise book, draw buttons and miniature screens in the pages, carry the book around in my satchel, and talk to my watch;
I was Penny, Inspector Gadget's niece and assistant.

I would crawl under my bed and hide underneath for hours, sometimes even falling asleep in there;
I was the monster who lives under the bed.

I would sit at the loft in my house, occasionally making a slow descent down the stairs to pick up my plush toys and dolls, one by one, and slowly ascend the stairs back to the loft again;
I was an alien abducting specimens from Earth.

I would tie my mum's red scarf on my back and run around the house with my arms outstretched;
I was Supergirl.

I would catch spiders and grasshoppers and keep them in jars;
They were my pets because my mum wouldn't let me have a cat.

I could be anyone and anything I wanted to be as a child.
Now, I'm just Yoke, alcohol whore and Maxis rateplans extraordinaire.

2 Comments:

Blogger lisha said...

i would play with mama's makeup. dust on electric blue eyeshadow and shocking pink lipstick and wore her big ass seksakutif jacket (the ones with those big ass shoulder pads) with one of the big 80s belts to make the jacket look like a dress. (i swore i looked like an undersized american footballer wearing skirts and pumps 5 sizes too big). then i would dress my poor brother up the same.
i was 8 and fucking high on nutella. and we were jem and the holograms.

9:23 am, April 18, 2005

 
Blogger kong yoke said...

hahahaha!!! you rock babe!

4:21 pm, April 18, 2005

 

Post a Comment

<< Home